Although eyelash extensions can last up to 5 weeks, we recommend aftercare every 2 to 3 weeks for them to look their best. Since each lash is at a different stage, they will shed and replenish at different times. Follow the instructions below in order to prolong the life of the extensions.
- Avoid wetting your lashes for at least 24 hours in order for the bond to completely dry. (e.g., shower, swimming, sweat, tears, etc.)
- Avoid exposure to heat, sauna and steam, or skincare procedures. (e.g., hot yoga, hairdryer, facials, peels)
- Avoid mascara, eyelash curlers, and all oil-based makeup products. Try to use water-soluble products.
- When removing makeup, use oil-free makeup remover or cleansers and lint-free applicators.
- Avoid cotton or lint (no cotton balls or Q-tips). They will get caught between your extensions and cause tugging/pulling.
- Be careful when towel drying your face. Pat around the eyes; do not rub.
- Avoid sleeping on your side or stomach.
- Never pull out stray extensions. Always come in to have extensions safely removed.
- Touch-ups should be made every 2-3 weeks in order to maintain the fullness of the lashes. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call.
- For fuller lashes, try lash enhancing products such as Latisse or Lashfood. To find out more information about these products, please ask your lash professional.